View Single Post
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by finguz
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonsmith View Post
I have been flying fixed pitch heli for a few months now thinking of upgrading to cp. I have one question about heli moving around out of position when turning the headings of my fixed pitch will this happen with the cp heli?

What happens is that every time I turn rudder from nose in to tail in or vice versa the heli move away out of its hovering position makes me want to constantly control it to stay in position otherwise it will use a lot of space to level it out doesn't matter I turn left or right. Does this happen to cp heli as well? As I saw some YouTube videos doesn't seem to happen with cp heli may be doesn't happen under competent pilot?
Your fixed pitch probably uses a gyro with rate mode. Most people use a head holding gyro for their cp's. The rate mode flies differently, seems to turn in the direction the heli is falling. Most gyros have both a rate mode and a headholding mode.

If you set your cp heli up perfectly you can get a really stable hover in, which as long as it's balanced from center, and tracking and everything's level, you can do tail to nose in no problem. Even a bunch of pyros without it losing position too bad. Now holding it in a level hover in the first place is different.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz