Thread: New Product E-Flite Mystique 2.9m ARF
View Single Post
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by hhrnd40
Horizon Hobby Employee
United States, IL, Monticello
Joined Mar 2007
221 Posts
Flew the Mystique the other day in cycling air about 4pm with light and variable winds. Launched for a 20 sec motor run and started to search. Unfortunately it was a sink cycle and I had to range far and wide looking for any bubbles. BTW - the Mystique ranges very well... After a few minutes with no luck I felt a feed and made my way to where I though the lift would be building. I got there at about 100ft and the plane indicated it was in lift. Took a few adjustments but ended up coring the developing thermal and off she went. I had my timer running and after 20 minutes I was getting tired of looking at the speck in the sky so I brought the Mystique back to earth.

From the tone of some folks on this thread I can honestly say I would not be giving up much to a high-dollar moldie in flight performance at an ALES contest. Yes it is a sport soaring model, but the performance is stellar from the thermal soaring side of things. And for the price I would put it against anything comparable in size and price.

Sure I work at Horizon but I'm not the developer of this model or on the E-Flite team. I'm just a guy who flys sailplanes and I now have a model that I can compete with at any ALES contest.

JD
hhrnd40 is offline Find More Posts by hhrnd40