Thread: Discussion Skookum 720
View Single Post
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
4,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
just ran the Tarot one piece hub in a brand new setup that I just now test flew after building for a friend of mine. I really like the one piece hub even far more than the align version, especially the fact you can pull the shaft assembly out with two bolts. I however still have some hate for the single sided ball slider, and the slop they induce. However this heli flew with the lowest vibes of any heli I have ever built.
Yes the 2 piece tailcase has much lower vibes than the Align stile tailcase. I use that and the one piece mainshaft bearing block in my 450.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
And, oh yeah grimbeaver. This is a B400 cnc heli cf modified frame. Best frame I have ever found on any 450 since it sports a 3 bearing main support!
The Gsun 450C has three mainshaft bearings too and a bunch of other interesting differences like a motor that mounts from the top and open air servo mounts. There's a build review on it on helifreak.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=293470

I would replace the head though because it uses a 3mm feathering shaft and no thrust bearings. (could use the $9 HK FBL head or the $15 RJX clone to keep it cheap)
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 06, 2012 at 04:26 PM.