View Single Post
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:37 PM
Find More Posts by timography
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
398 Posts
I concur with aeajr

I've already got a TopModel Avia, which is definitely in the 'floater' category. That’s fantastic on a calm day but here in Western Australia, calm days are about as rare as a fine sunny day in a UK winter... unless you’re in the habit of flying at first light when the conditions are generally calm-ish – but there’s not a whiff of lift around this time of day either.

On the other side of the coin I also have a Multiplex Cularis. This is a slightly bigger airframe than the Avia, but critically it has a higher wing loading which of course allows for better penetration on those days when there is anything more than a puff of breeze around. But, being a foamie I am looking for something with a little more robust traditional airframe and the Mystique certainly fulfils that requirement.

My Mystique is already on order and apparently is only 5-6 weeks away. I’m glad it isn’t billed as a ‘floater’. I already have one of those. I want a e-glider that will perform on those breezy summer afternoons without being blown backwards like some lighter airframe ships.

Naturally all this is just conjecture at this point but the numbers are pointing to this being a great sport flyer/soarer. And for those trying to compare it to a full-blown contest glider worth 2 or 3 times as much... I mean – really???

timography is offline Find More Posts by timography