Thread: New Product announcing the eLogger V4!
View Single Post
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Blanchfield
McLean, VA
Joined Dec 2001
297 Posts
billpa,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I did not read the instructions as carefully as I should have.

On page 2, last paragraph......."The red wires of the 'wire lead' version of the eLogger must be connected to the positive side of the load and source (normally the red wires). For measuring current and voltage during battery charging, it is ok to connect a charger to the ES connection, so that current is flowing 'backwards' through the eLogger. The eLogger will still measure current correctly in this mode!"

I mistakenly mistook "load" to mean the motor. The subsequent mention of current flowing "backwards" through the eLogger being ok made me wonder whether the mah would be subtracted from a prior total, and whether volts and amps would be graphed as negative values.

After seeing your reply, its now clear that with the eLogger between the ESC and battery, current will be flowing only in one direction, regardless of the motor's rotational direction.

I do have Sermos connectors between the ESC and the motor and between the ESC and the battery. But it would have been an error if I had put the eLogger between the ESC and the motor.

Thanks for the great customer support. Sorry about raising a silly question.

Jim

PS....is the "ES connection" in line 3 of my quote supposed to be "ESC connection"
Jim Blanchfield is offline Find More Posts by Jim Blanchfield