Originally Posted by dav3uk
Hi all flew my F9F today with a tube insert in the tailpipe. i made it from a Muller yoghurt pot and made the final diameter about 6mm less than the orig. Stuck the tube in and sealed the tail end with silicone and let it dry. Weather was real good today so took her to a local beach, the tide rises and falls 40 feet here and the beaches go from no sand to 1/2 mile of sand every six hours. It ran really well and pulled much better. Where I would have been 2/3 throttle plus most of time I can now cruise easy at 1/3 to a 1/2.
Cost nothing to do and has had a nice positive effect......I like that.....lol
Flying on the beach was great as it was deserted and away from houses so could let it rip....
Using 800mah lipos I did have the timer at 4 mins but because I can now run at lower throttle have increased that to 5 1/2 now.
Cool Dave i have f4f also...could u post picture or ur mod..i may try it out..thx