View Single Post
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:03 AM
Find More Posts by epoxyearl
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
11,018 Posts
Boingk-I wish you'd reconsider defecting....We need voices like yours to generate new ideas in furthering the hobby.

I agree with you-There are as many people flying at the three clubs I frequent,as always...The Delaware R/C club is overflowing with modelers,and these are guys who bring their wives and kids along.

You can't make kids want to fly or build,but you can expose them to to the feel of modeling,and maybe they'll pick up on it.

Hobby shops can't compete with mail order.Period.But hobby shops are thriving in my area(Pa.,Md.,De).Extreme Hobbies in Pa.is bigger than ever....thanks to an owner who keeps up with the trends.He has the NIMH batteries I like,along with the LIFE batteries everyone raves about.

Stores of ALL kinds are closing...not just Hobby Shops...but internet shopping is done,without driving 45 minutes each way to find out the LHS doesn't have what you want.
I don't believe many modelers quit building because a hobby shop closes,I believe the shops close because modelers have quit building ! ARFs are a big part of modeling,now,and will continue to be....but if a LHS doesn't have the demand,they have to close.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Airshows, and Tradition.