View Single Post
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by juang1430
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
I had posted that video already in this thread quite a long time ago and we had already talked about the possibility to change the length of the tail boom, and use an 11.1volts battery like Hadriez is using seemingly with no trouble at all!! IMO the BL setup main motor works quite well with 7.4 volts only thing is you have to limit your flights to about 9 mins because after the 10min mark you start losing power and tail authority is highly affected when battery is low!! Also I think that if you increase the length of the tail boom you will increase that strange bobbing that sometimes seems to afflict the F45 in certain situations!! Basted wind is blowing hard again today and I overslept this morning so didn't get the chance to test the walkera blades yet outside

Thanks for the credit Mate... Well, what do you know! my 2 1/2 cents thought turned out to be not bad at all!...... and just for your info, not necessarily caused by a longer tail boom, bobbing or jerking usually associated with a weak / malfunction or overheated tail motor.. If you often encountered this problem, try to use heat sink just to prolong the life span of the tail motor..
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Last edited by juang1430; Sep 05, 2012 at 03:26 AM.