View Single Post
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by JayNZ
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Hi all.

Ive reassmebled my apache, just need to add pods back on and stow the wiring for the new lighting system, add the gun and mounting system, re-assemble my mechanics/head and build an x tail and im good to go...

Heres some pics:
undercoated gun

painted gun:

Added new sensors to engine pods as seen on the ah-64-b and will paint. collar rotates freely and i added a dollop of clear ca eitherside of it to stop it from sliding l&r. hopefully when the helly is spooled up the vibration should make the little collar rotate backwards and forwards like on the real apache. fun scale.

gunner assembled: i driled out the centoer of it and cut the body down so when you look at the cockpit side on it looks as though the pilot is sitting higher than the gunner. Ive also assembled the pilot, cut down the legs and dry fitted them they look awesome, however, they add weight. Luckily my new hellfire missle set is a third of the weight of the original tf model hellfires, and im also eliminating the extra battery's for my cooling fans and BEC and having everything running off a 10cell powertrain so im hopefully running the same weight, if not lighter, it already felt and flew lighter with the new spinblades 600 size.

undercoated new engine pod, as old one was destroyed by blade strike

You can hardly tell that this tail boom had a massive hole in the top and was virtually broken in half.

new hellfires:

new hellfire mount:

repainting begins:

thats all folks!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ