Thread: Discussion Scratcho
View Single Post
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by prodjx
Joined Jan 2007
5,075 Posts
AvB, I really enjoyed your video on molding your A/C part's. As much as I know about working with composites since 1971 at Grumman I am alway's willing to learn. I liked your mold alighnment device's, I use drill point button head screw's to do the same thing. The teflon you use was known to me to be Tedlar TX-1040 it came in porous and non-porous style's. That's interesting that you use upper and lower mold halves for your wing's. I almost did that in fabricating Greenland style kayak paddle halve's but I was going to apply a very thin coat of resin and then throw some 1/2in. chopped fibre on it, flip it upside down and when the resin was almost cured I would then mix up some 2 part foam and pour it over the chopped fibre so there would be a mechanical bond between the skin and the foam. Later both halves would be bonded together.I should try one like that as I'm retired and have been making a few mold's for some sloper's lately. In the slope forum check the thread about dancing and the Tango. Good luck on you molding adventure's. Dave.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member