Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by earlwb
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
15,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Quirk View Post
The WYJ spring part # 98-3160-7

Costs about .50 cents, same as jmaderoy predicted.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it and I am sure others do too.

I flew the NGH 9cc engine equipped Escapade today as well as the Ugly Stick with the modified NGH 9cc engine. Both for several flights too.

I had to replace the regulator diaphragm as it softened up and stretched out over time and stopped regulating, same thing for the pump diaphragm too, as it got all stretched out too. So I suspect the stock NGH rubber diaphragms are made from a rubber compound that doesn't do well with our American pump gasoline over time. If you use SEF or TRU-Fuel the rubber parts might last longer. Anyway it was easy to swap out some Walbro carb diaphragms to fix the problem from a Walbro carb repair kit This might be what makes people think that the fuel inlet valve is stuck or something, when it may really be the diaphragm has softened up and stretched out on them. I had swapped out a second pump/regulator unit that worked well previously and it did the same thing. That was what prompted me to replace the diaphragms then.

I'll post a another video later. But I put a little brace on the pump/regulator on the Escapade to stop the unit from moving too much in loops and other maneuvers and that cured the lean out condition that would kill the engine. So it worked well today after the simple fix.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Sep 03, 2012 at 09:38 PM.