View Single Post
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by mightymouse7717
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Discussion
PowerHD DSM-44!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to brag about these little servos. As an avid scratch/kit builder who has plowed through the cheap HXT900/SG90 or clones thereof, they have their place but if you are looking for an alternative without breaking the bank....i cant recommend these servos enough. my original "try em out" set have been moved from plane to plane to plane (being a noob i crash alot) and are still kicking around. cheap $2 9g servos typically wont survive crashes or abuse without stripping. i am starting this thread because there are very few references to the DSM-44 on rcgroups and i just wanted to share my experience and hear from anyone who has used these......heres the specs

Speed .09sec/60deg @ 4.8v
.07sec/60deg @ 6v
Torque 1.20kg.cm/16.66oz.in @ 4.8v
1.60kg.cm/22.21oz.in @ 6v
Metal Gear Coreless Digital.....here's the biggie......5.75g!!!!!

i typically run mine at 6v but have had no issue with torque when at 4.8v. Speed and centering is unmatched by any other analog 9g servo i have used and amp draw is well within reason. I get these through ValueHobby although i have seen them with other vendors. yes they are $7.99 but very robust and will last a long time vs the "cheapies". attaching pics of my old stinger64 that is getting new life with these servos and a Don's Wicked EDF running 4s.
mightymouse7717 is offline Find More Posts by mightymouse7717