View Single Post
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by brillobrother
Joined Apr 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaw81 View Post
It's hard to know exactly how you have everything wired up and how the radio is programmed, so it could be a couple things.

1. Check your wiring; you should have all of the following connections.
- main battery connected to ESC (2 wires)
- motor connected to ESC (3 wires)
- ESC plugged into radio receiver in the correct channel, with the correct polarity

2. Check your radio programming.
I forget what the stock Turnigy firmware is like, but make sure it's programmed to the correct channel and has a 0-100% range.

3. Test your setup
- Remove the propellor from the motor, so you can't do any damage to anything if it starts unexpectedly.
- Ensure your transmitter is turned on first, and the correct model is selected.
- Plug in your ESC - you should see a light come on in the receiver and any connected servos should twitch.
- Your motor should make a few beeping tones.
- Increase the throttle - the motor should start turning. If it just keeps beeping, your throttle channel might be reversed. You need to reverse the throttle direction in the radio.

If you don't get any sounds from the motor, your wiring is wrong somewhere. Double-check all your electrical connections. You could even try plugging your ESC into a different channel (but be ready to unplug the battery) to see if it makes a difference.

If you still can't get any noise or response from the motor, either the ESC or the motor is probably faulty.

4. Calibrate your ESC.
To ensure you get a good gradual response from your motor, you need to tell the ESC where zero and full throttle are. The process can be a little different for each ESC type, but it usually goes like this:
- remove prop
- turn radio on
- move throttle stick to 100%
- plug in battery
- your motor should make the usual start-up noise, and then after a short pause, make another couple longer tones.
- during the longer tones, move the throttle stick on the radio to zero.
- you should hear a confirmation tone from the ESC
Your ESC is now calibrated to your radio. Test out the throttle range - moving the stick up slightly should start the motor spinning slowly, and it continue to increase speed evenly up to full speed when the stick is all the way up.
Thanks for the advice! And i dont know if this will affect the connections but I have a cyclops Nova osd and the place to plug in the servo wires the in aliron in, elevator in, aliron out, elevator out, display, Aux 1, Aux 2.. I dont see any place for a throttle.. or rudder.. Im getting confused here
brillobrother is offline Find More Posts by brillobrother