Thread: Build Log ASK13 1:10 build
View Single Post
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,460 Posts
I think an 1/8 scale might be better for me after this, I can work up to 4 meter! That 4m size will def. require an Audi quattro Avant upgrade and bigger shop table. The 1/8 scale will match my other 2meter sailplanes and full size 16,0 meters ASK-13 scales down (at 1/8) to 2,0 meters span (78.74") exactly. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm sure larger will fly better.

More progress, sanded air frame and applied panels. I found a new use for my iPad as a light table. Scaled the updated PDF profile to fit exactly to the plans and traced the front skid / skate. Why print out paper when you can use an iPad?

The iPad also works as the best ref. unit around. Fits on the bench, load up any photo and size for details. Purfect.

I"m trying to document this build as best as I can photographically so that others can benefit and hopefully learn from my mistakes and or progress. I traced the panels and will update the plans with these too. The panels lines are so critical to make the "correct" looks for a finished sailplane. After pouring over hundreds of photos I think I've got it.
studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS
Last edited by studioRS; Sep 02, 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: fixed scale inches