View Single Post
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:42 AM
Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
7,262 Posts
Slow Progress..

It's taken a few days to get this basic centre-section done. Most of it was trying to interpret the plans! The various ply/balsa laminated spars were not at all obvious but I've dry-assembled the basics to see what I may have done wrong. Mostly nothing Some adjustments to slot depths/widths are needed but mostly it looks about right. The nacelles are situated adjacent to the outermost ribs shown. The main spar has vertical shear-webbing to be fitted after it is all glued together. But before then, I need to cut access holes for servo leads (many) and battery leads to the motors. Every thing will be sheeted in 1/16 balsa with most of the front wing section double-skinned.

The ribs under the fuselage are exactly 3" deep - I get two or three ribs from each sheet of balsa ........ now I've almost run out and will have to wait for the next trip to town for more! I also need the motors and retracts before going much further so building may slow considerably. But, as always, there is another Peter Rake model to be built...........

Pat
Pat Lynch is online now Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
Last edited by Pat Lynch; Sep 02, 2012 at 02:52 AM.