View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by bamiller
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Dec 2009
139 Posts
Build Log
A-10 Warthog - Steerable Electric Retract?

I'm getting close to maiden my blue core A-10. Wingspan is ~56 inches. The fuse, airfoil, and tail assembly have been hotwired from a series of plywood templates I cut out.

I'm not good at documenting my steps. But the plans were pulled off web diagrams and I scaled it to the desired size.

In the past I've learned to overcome the nose down/thrust issues. (The hard way) so I hope this one goes well. I still consider this a prototype. I wont paint or do much touch up until I verify things first. If good I will add some lws and give er some paint.

So for now... I am keeping it very simple with fixed landing gear. The horizontal stab has a 3 degree neg incidence to overcome the nose down issue. The nacelles are level/horizontal. (i.e. I didn't angle the thrust tubes upward) But I did build the engine nacelles/pods with thrust tubes and magnetic access hatches. I also built the power system so I can detach it and adjust the angle until I know its where I need it.

I need to run my wires, hook up control links, add a few servos, horner wing tips, and hook up my esc's.

Either way, should be fun......

below are some pics. I can add more later as I go. Wish me luck. I may cram on it and try to complete it for this holiday weekend.
bamiller is offline Find More Posts by bamiller
Last edited by bamiller; Mar 01, 2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: title change