Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
7,048 Posts
Yippee!
Last great slope session of the summer?

Saturday 25 August turned out to be so much better than anticipated! Good strong north-westerlies were forecast, but the sun unexpectedly also came out, and it was warm for late August too! Luckily my camcorder and helmet were in the car, so I took the opportunity of shooting some footage to improve on my "Alpina Magic in Ireland" video, using my Inteco L-213A instead of the Alpina. A few additional shots were filmed as "fillers" to give a more coherent story.

I'm still struggling to get rid of the "jittering" effects seen during fast movement. I think a better camera is in order. I still haven't totally cracked the whole rendering thing though. I tried following some advice from Vimeo tutorials, but their versions of Sony Vegas is not exactly the same as mine, so I can't duplicate their settings exactly. The outcome of trying all sorts of different settings and then uploading them to Vimeo to compare was pretty startling in the end: of all the rendered videos that I made of this film, the one with the by far the lowest settings, and a much smaller file size has turned out to display the best ! The raw file for this 3 minute video is only 100 MB. All the other versions I tried were around 560 MB ! Voodoo at work here, I tell you. It seems the most important thing is to match the setting to synch with Vimeo. This video was rendered using "Main Concept" AVC/AAC (.mp4) "Apple TV 720p24 Video" template, with the properties of the video pre-set to 1920 x 1080 x32, 30.000p.

Slope Soaring in Ireland (3 min 2 sec)

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Last edited by Woodstock 1; Jul 07, 2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: As per usial i karnt spel