View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:43 AM
Find More Posts by JayNZ
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
Based on the photo on the site, I am assuming that the gun comes with the cage made of nylon (or plastic, or whatever it is) but you chose to make one out metal (brass?) Is that correct? If so, kudos to your soldering skills.

I am hoping the air sensor comes with some sort of set screw or threaded bolt that will thread into the 3mm head button hole in the top of my CopterX 4-blade rotor head. If not, I guess I will have to improvise.
cheers man, Yeah the little resin gun cage is really flimsy and in the instructions it advises you to reinforce the main length with brass tube but i did the whole thing just for kicks. it was good fun/frustrating at times.

the air sensor didnt come with the grub screw, i had to buy 3mm one from dubro, and then 4mm ones when my airforce buddy re-tapped and lathed both the head and sensor holes for me. he was adamant that the sensor screw hole was drilled incorrectly, and the top of my 4 blade head's screw hole was lopsided on the top and the hole was drilled incorrectly also. Cant argue with his lasers i guess, so be prepared for the possibility your sensor may need balancing. any engineering place with a decent lathe can sort it for you im sure.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ