Hurray, I successfully converted the stock 3536 motor to a collet style adapter
No more proprietary hex adapters! Now I can walk to my LHS and pick a prop adapter when I need one.
I tried two shafts from headsuprc. The first one
actually fit better without any modification. However, it uses a C clip and I am C clip challenged. I could not get that clip on for the life of me until it finally lost shape. So I ended up using a longer shaft
so I can close it in the back with a collar and I shaved about 3 4mm from it. I ran it on the bench and it works great. The bearings of the motor are surprisingly still in a good shape. Maybe now I will be motivated to fix my much neglected Cessna...