Thread: Build Log ESM T-6 Texan II Conversion
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:34 AM
Find More Posts by Snaer810
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
158 Posts
Morning Ausfester!

The DLE 35 should work out great with that prop combination. As far as the weight distribution I think you'll find that with the extended nose on the fuselage, engine, tank, ignition, ignition batt., nose gear...etc.; that you'll have plenty of weight up front to counter the longer tail section weight. I have the 6374 electric motor, + mount and a 120HV ESC + mount, nose gear, etc. up front and the CG is right about on the money with the 2 big 5,000Mah 6S packs moved slightly rearward, but pretty close to being right over the CG.

It becomes a trial type thing though...add your servo's, batt.s etc. and check the CG. I actually had mine on the CG scale and with most of the fixed items mounted and then started moving other things around until I was really close.

Anyway have fun with it...the aircraft is beautiful...you'll have a little tweaking to do here and there on this ARF, but its all worth it in the end.

I just got my V2.5 gear replacement in mine last weekend....but still have not flown it yet. Hopefully this weekend... Let us know if you run into problems...etc.

Mike
Snaer810 is offline Find More Posts by Snaer810