Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Yes, I noticed that dihedral addition in your build thread. Don't recall seeing any specific angle though -- how much did you bend the peg? Might've been the camera angle (lens) but it didn't appear there was as much on the wings as the bend on the rod in the pic.

Fuse #s: AMA says you're supposed to have your number somewhere in/on the plane -- I've been working on a theme lately of using mine as my fuse side reg.#, along with some 'stylized' version of the AMA lettering. My Blaze when finished will have a 'sunburst' pattern (done for me by Callie's Graphics) on top of the wing (see pic) and I found a font that looked something like that design so, got her to also do my AMA # in that. I'm strongly thinking of duplicating the wing design on my Minimoa, since it so resembles the Habicht with its gull wings & Sunburst design -- in fact I patterned my design after the Hawk - that glider's just 'Da Bomb' to me! .
I think it was around 5-6 deg, Ill have to double check. Just enough to make it fly well.

I'll have my AMA reg number somewhere on my sailplanes, it is just such a long number and not really sure where it should go, possibly inside the cockpit? I design my own graphics http://kewlartdesigns.com and prefer the scale sailplane look, yes the DFS Habicht sunburst is very, very nice.
studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS