Thread: New Product GW Xieda 9958
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
5,193 Posts
(Carrying on a discussion from a previous thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Roboheli
Tell me more about MSR flybar for 9958. You have my interest. In a bigger area than I normally fly the 9958 on hi-rates is nice flyer and no problem. In small area 9958 just hard to correct in time of that sliding. I fly my V911's on hi-rates in my area/ 270A the same. T-Rex 100X is binded to V911 TX on low reats. 260A low-rates on stock S/P TX. Quads V929's I fly at 60% rates. U 816 on mode 1 which is low rates. 9958 is only one I have trouble with. Even my V100D01 FBL/brushless bird handle small area better. I have two 9958 and one is down with defective tail motor, other near new.

Anyway does MRS flybar fit 9958? Without making it fit.Thanks,Dan
Hi Dan,

The MSR flybar is a complete drop-in replacement. Just remove the old stock flybar and put the MSR flybar on. No modding is required. Use the stock links as well. They'll be a bit looser than before but I've flown all 3 of my 9958s with it just fine and haven't had a single problem with them. This should make things a little easier but it won't turn this heli into a V911. If you're sliding around, try mixing in some aileron to your turns and I think the flybar helps with that.

Here's what it'll look like when you're done:

(The red one has the flybar. The green one is pre-flybar installation).

Also, if you're viewing this post in single-post mode, just click the link in the upper right hand corner to get back to thread view.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member