View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Find More Posts by raron455
United States, TX, Waco
Joined Mar 2012
121 Posts
Discussion
Remove fuel from tank when done???

Hello all, First off I want to thank everyone on this forum, I have recieved alot of help and hope to share what I know when I can,,,DO NOT LAUGH TOO HARD at this question..
I have transitioned from electric to fuel planes,, I have a Brison Gasoline engine in my edge 540 and a MOKI 2.1 glo/Nitro engine in my Pitts
Here is my question
When I am done flying them,, should I pump the fuel back out of the tanks,,,On both the gas and nitro or only one,,, OR neither,,,
I bought these planes used and have put new tanks in, all new hoses, cleaned carbs, and replaced diaphragms,, I got them running good, I want to keep it that way,,,,
--I have heard arguements on both sides,, I am not sure what to do,, I have heard that leaving it in swells lines, and softens the diaphragm,,
--I have heard that removing it dries the diaphragm and lines out causing them to need replacement very often.
I know letting the fuel sit in them for a long time the fuel will break down and GEL up causing a total fuel system needing to be gone thru.
I have about 2 months of fuel aircraft experience,, I know that some of you have decades,, I am never to proud to ask and learn so I am asking,,, Thanks
Ronnie
raron455 is online now Find More Posts by raron455