View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by ej189
Taiwan
Joined Oct 2007
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmateos View Post
You are an artist, ej189. Your ideas are really useful and look really nice. Today I reinforced the feathers support with those washers you mentioned, and I also replaced the main blades for the foam 4G6 ones, they look to weight less than stock ones. Also, I'm using v120d01 canopy instead of v120d02s, because it looks lighter, I'm not able yet to build those gorgeous and light canopies you build. Thanks a lot again for sharing your ideas, they make me learn lots of details, and "make me see"
how to make my heli better.
Thanks for your complement.
The form blades are really light that may improve 3D performance greatly, but they are not durable at all and also get huge air resistance too and naturally unbalanced in weight and pitch angle that needed adjustment on each blade.

A new hope is from 130X blades, lighter than stock blades for 2 gram and that do change 3D performance greatly, much faster cyclic control that I have to lower D/R down very much to hold it on.
The head speed is still the same 4500rpm compare to the stock V120D02S I got it 7 month ago.
According to the length of 130X blades I have lengthen tail boom to avoid it from contact with tail blades.

V120D02S Stock Power With 130X Blades (4 min 58 sec)
ej189 is offline Find More Posts by ej189
Last edited by ej189; Aug 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM.