Originally Posted by ej189
Wow, you painted by yourself on the old model.
3D model is form a discontinued software called "Super 5.5" and now may called "3D Mars".
I had change the model form pentagon to hexagon for better looking, but a little harder to paint the body.
Yes the inkjet transparency film is 0.12mm only, but much better in weight and flexibility and also strong enough to hold the air flow and vibration.
The back lighting paint is critical to flexibility, TAMIYA PS spray is not good that will tear off after crash, I had got a very cheap local spray that stick very tight and never tear off.
By the way, there is not anything to be angry, so I call her "Happy Bird" that every time I am so happy to fly her.
You are an artist, ej189. Your ideas are really useful and look really nice. Today I reinforced the feathers support with those washers you mentioned, and I also replaced the main blades for the foam 4G6 ones, they look to weight less than stock ones. Also, I'm using v120d01 canopy instead of v120d02s, because it looks lighter, I'm not able yet to build those gorgeous and light canopies you build. Thanks a lot again for sharing your ideas, they make me learn lots of details, and "make me see"
how to make my heli better.