Thread: Discussion Hobby King Ryan STA EPO
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by RC Novice
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4rc View Post
Not worth it I think, ground handling is bad enough as it is.

If you want to get CG forward (which I think you need to do) the best way to do it is to move the ESC into the nose section. That will move its weight forward, allow for better cooling, and at the same time allow you to move the battery to the very front inside the fuse. Here's one way to do it:

I repowered the bird with a RCtimer 2836/7 spinning a 9x6 or 10x4 prop but the same conversion can be done with the stock power system. On the underside of the nose I cut away some foam and epoxied the ESC onto the resulting pad. I drilled a tunnel through the foam from there at an upwards angle to end in the cavity for the wires inside the fuselage. This is easily done with a 10mm metal tube that I sharpened at one end. Push and turn it to cut the tunnel into the foam, much neater than drilling. The foam cowl received an air hole at the rear to let out the warm air around the ESC and still fits over everything to look stock.

With this setup and a 20C Turnigy 2200 3s battery CG will be right underneath the plastic wing struts which is good.
hi , i just received mine , the mod you did is quiet initutive ,may i ask how much kv of that motor is???????

i have plenty of 750 kv and 1400kv motors which one goes better????????
thanks
RC Novice is offline Find More Posts by RC Novice