View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by ej189
Taiwan
Joined Oct 2007
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
I've got to say that Angry bird canopy is just excellent - as are all your helpfull hints and tips.

I had a little play with Pepakura and managed to get close but its still not as good as yours!

What software are you using to create the original 3D model?

I know you've put a lot of work into this but is there any chance you could post the .PDO file for your Angry Bird?

Also How thick is the tranparency you are printing on. The only clear inkjet sheets I can find are 0.1mm thick which seems a little thin but then again I guess it does save the weight.
Wow, you painted by yourself on the old model.

3D model is form a discontinued software called "Super 5.5" and now may called "3D Mars".
I had change the model form pentagon to hexagon for better looking, but a little harder to paint the body.

Yes the inkjet transparency film is 0.12mm only, but much better in weight and flexibility and also strong enough to hold the air flow and vibration.
The back lighting paint is critical to flexibility, TAMIYA PS spray is not good that will tear off after crash, I had got a very cheap local spray that stick very tight and never tear off.

By the way, there is not anything to be angry, so I call her "Happy Bird" that every time I am so happy to fly her.
ej189 is offline Find More Posts by ej189
Last edited by ej189; Aug 24, 2012 at 08:32 PM.