View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,991 Posts
Couple of upcoming flying events some of you pilots may want to be aware of:

September 1 - The Monticello, UT club is hosting a first annual fly-in event. The local general aviation airport is being offered to the club as their airfield, and they want to throw a big shin-dig. They are asking, begging, pleading with any pilots from the state who can make the drive down to come support the event. It could become a premiere location for interstate contest events if there's enough support from our community of flyers. http://www.monticelloutah.org/FlyIn.aspx

September 7-8 - the Grantsville Non-Event Fly-In out at the #2 Salt Flats flying site. This one is a great open-sky anything goes event. No rules, no food, no toilet... just a lot of great guys having fun. I've gone to this the past few years and it's very casual and relaxing.

September 15th - Farmington Fly-In (just across from Lagoon). They will be doing a combat session. I don't have an address for this field, but Duke from Logan told me he'd been attending this the past few years and really liked it. Another no-cost casual event that's gotten fairly large.

September 22nd - UNCIVIL WAR! Orem Sod Farm by the Lake. Be there or be LAME! Combat, Limbo, Bowling, Pizza, Prizes, Fun!

October 11-14 - WARBIRDS over ST. GEORGE!
An event worth getting in the dog-house with the wife and family over!
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change