This thread has been inactive for a while so I figured I'd bring it back to the top to show my Nurfluegel and report its successful maiden and 2nd flights. It's not as original as many of the models here but it one that has been in my build queue for awhile. It is a Klingberg Wing built from an original kit purchased here on RCGroups. I have no slopes around here and didn't want to chance a highstart first flight so I made up the power pod defined in the plans and mounted a small outrunner (self wound dual CustomCDR if anyone remembers those). I mounted two servos in the wings instead of the pushrods and with the motor mounted I had to use a 3 cell 2100 Lipo and receiver battery to balance it, but still came to 30.4 oz for 650sq inches that worked pretty well as it is a floater with a wing loading of 6.7 oz/sq ft.
Attached are a couple of photos during construction and the final product prior to today's flights. First flights were just tosses into high grass which went very well so I was encouraged enough to go to a nearby park and commit to powered flight. It has plenty of power and I never got above half throttle for the first flights. It glides well. As others have reported, it has lots of adverse yaw with roll inputs so I'm sure the wing twist could have been better designed. I chose to stick with the the original design and see how well it would do, now I know and look forward to many flights with it in the future, hopefully some data acquisition flights to see if I can quantify some of its characteristics (a future thread hopefully).
. Now its time to start building the next one.