View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Trader Rating: 41
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
If someone posts clearly upfront in their ad that they wish to be covered for pp fees, I can deal with that. I simply do the math that they haven't (estimate at 4%) and figure out the real "shipped" price. In many cases it's actually less than the flat 4 or 5 bucks they might tack on because it's easier than doing the math for their ad.

Is asking for it separate rather than including it in your total price kind of offputting for some, sure. But if we're being realistic, it's not any different than just seeing a price a couple bucks more. To be clear, this is all in cases where they are upfront and clear about the paypal fees.

Now if they try to tack the fees on later: good luck with your sale, I'm outta here.

We all know it's against paypal rules to charge for the fees, but including the fees in your asking price is technically the same thing. In the end the buyer is paying for it in most cases.

I understand the reasoning, that's enough for me if I want the item. Just be clear & upfront, otherwise people get upset.
-Jeff
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage