Thread: Discussion A few F/F plans added....
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by algy2
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
It’s Christmas time with this December 1998 edition of Aeromodeller which as usual at that time of the year was packed with great articles and lots of plans.

The cover shows the exuberant Ebenezer endeavours of enthusiasts at a Mass Launch competition at Old Warden that year. An Ebenezer was one of the plans in this issue.

But first to POLKA DOT 24 a competitive hand launched glider by acknowledge expert LEVIN BROWN.

POLKA DOT 24 was state of the art at that time and features a pop up wing dethermaliser. In the accompanying article Kevin gives much good advice on these models and how to get the best from them.

Next to EBENEZER ALBATROSS a thinner look at a classic WW1 German fighter.

Designer MARIS DISLER said it is quick to build, a pleasure to decorate and great fun to fly. Plans are full size. Put a 0.5cc engine up front and your set to go.

The name of ALBERT HATFULL, the designer of so many KEIL KRAFT kits and classic free flight models is familiar to a great many modellers. Sadly he is no longer with us.

But this issue has full size plans for FELIX a 1939 mini-vintage pylon rubber model by Albert and a tribute is paid to him with the construction article.

A charming model of 221/4 inch wingspan it will, I think soon be on many “Build” lists.

I will put up the companion model to FELEX by Albert, the MELLENIUM MOTH from the JUNE 2000 AEROMODELLER in my next post.

To two more full size plans from the quirky RAY MALSTOM were to be found in this Christmas issue with CRI-CRI a very small rubber powered flying twin and FLYING SANTA a rrrr mmmmmm Jetex flying Santa.

Finally to ALIX IMRIE’S VINTAGE CORNER and the amazing FLYING WISHBONE by ALAN ORTHER which first appeared in the 1939 MECHANIX ILLUSTRATED.

WMD. Great job on resizing THE KID plan. It is a very appealing design able to take a wide range of power units. Has a proven contest record and it would be very easy to add a Dethermaliser. Might just start seeing THE KID appearing on flying fields again soon .

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Aug 21, 2012 at 09:30 PM.