Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by Trill
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Oct 2008
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Jase has a good club.

We have a good club, too. But at my club, some of the guys watch my son fly and look away, if they're not trying to tell him how to maintain a heading at a constant speed. True story, just happened on Saturday. The advice is good, but I figure if he's not interested, let him do what he is interested in. And he's interested in being a flip flop flyer right now. A plane doing a big loop or a slow roll doesn't interest him. So it didn't surprise me when he stopped listening. On Sunday, after our good batteries were out, I challenged him to dip his tail into the corn on a foamy that uses the 1300 mah's we had left. He went down to the ailerons on his first attempt, and asked "low enough." We laughed, I told him maybe not so low, so he did a few more dips but not as low.

I do wish more Dad's took their son's to the field, and let them figure it out, instead of thinking the Dad's can do better than the kids. A child's brain can figure things out much faster than an adult's. Other than teaching respsect for property and money, the basics of aerodynamics, the kids should be left to do things many adults cannot, because they will figure it out faster and have more fun.

Well, at least that's my experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKxk_qwSNQ

He's going to fly his EF Extra EXP next weekend.
Great flying by your son! Great music too!
Trill is offline Find More Posts by Trill