View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by vtdiy
low tech high tech
Southern Vermont
Joined Feb 2007
3,029 Posts
Alert
(RESOLVED) Hobbypartz customer service craziness!

Here is my exchange today with Hobbypartz Customer service over a defective battery. You might get a laugh out of it!

Me:

Quote:
snip ...This battery is brand new, undamaged, not puffed, and has not been used. The charger shows that it is fully charged, and no error lights are shown. But the charger thinks it is a 2 cell, as does the ESC. To all intents and purposes, it is. It is wired internally as a 2 cell as determined at the balancing plug and power plug.

I'd like to receive a replacement rather than a refund.

Best Regards,
V
Customer Service Representative "Christina"

Quote:
Hello V

I can requested and Return merchandise authorization for either an exchange or a refund. Please let me know which would you like to proceed with.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (626)968-9860 Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm PST.
Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Christina
Me:

Quote:
If you read my email you should have seen:

"I'd like to receive a replacement rather than a refund."

-V
Christina:

Quote:
Hello again,
I will request an Return merchandise authorization to be email to you within 24 hours. Please fill it out and send it back to us for a refund.
Me:

Quote:
Ridiculous!

I don't want a refund. I want a replacement!

-V
Christina does not reply. I feel sorry for her inability to comprehend basic English Finally it dawns on me, I'm either speaking to an illiterate, or,

Me:

Quote:
I'm obviously writing to a program rather than a person.

Please escalate.

To an actual human being please.

-V
I then received an email asking me to fill out an online questionnaire about the quality of their customer service. It would only take a few minutes of my time.
vtdiy is offline Find More Posts by vtdiy
Last edited by vtdiy; Sep 07, 2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: "Resolved" added to title