View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by Hotrodhawk
Roters up... Skids DOWN!
United States, UT, Kaysville
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
My first post...
Ive been flying the MQX for two weeks now and love it. Need to pick up a DX6i soon and ditch the RTR. I've been reading a few pages back about the prop wash and the possibility of damaged booms or tweaked props that don't produce the proper thrust. This is good info for newbies... Thanks.

Now on to the recent talk about the bearing that came apart and it was just "snapped" back together. I had a upper bearing come apart and there was no popping it back together as there were only 3 tiny balls that were stuck to the motor. I replaced them with the recomended blade part number for this 3x6x2 bearing. I really don't like the fact there is only one steel dust shield on one of the two sides with the other side being exposed to the cage and balls.
There is a 3X6X2.5 blade bearing that has the metal dust shields on both sides of the bearing. So I was wondering if anyone has went and replaced all their bearings with this other piece?

I could weight each of the two bearing styles next Wednesday when a fresh shipment comes in, if that could help out.
Hotrodhawk is offline Find More Posts by Hotrodhawk