Thread: Discussion Micro Scale Helicopter
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by sonnetg
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_L View Post
Hey... that's a good work sonnetg! I love it and must to contact Mike for that fuselage.
Regarding the painting, have you ever tried painting one of those transparent canopies from the inside? I can see the primer looking quite glossy in one of your pics, Perhaps using and airbrush to paint from the inside might be an easy way to deal with this little models...

Thanks for sharing it with us and keep up the good work!
Leonardo
Thanks man. I actually ordered 2 more Airwolfs for $20. Not bad considering how much work goes into molding these plastics. i wish the Airwolf fuselage was a bit more stiff. It's quite flimsy to work on, but it can be done. As for Airbrushing, I dont have any more $$ to spend on new tools. Paintbrush will do for now. Paining inside out, I have not thought of it, but how do i apply primer? You do have to sand the fuselage a little before applying primer/paint, else to paint can come off easily in a crash or two.

Anyways, I ordered a CH53 and Sikorsky Chickasaw, and planning on a Bell 222 Civilian model. It would nice to add those in my small collection.

You can contact Mike here: http://www.mmanrow.20m.com/contact.html

Regards,
sonnetg is offline Find More Posts by sonnetg