Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by cdee
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmanfly View Post
On the above pics at the flying field, the battery isn't shown. Could you please show your battery placement? It looks like you locate the Lipo on the Velcro strip above the ESC. Why didn't you use the slot through the fuse method shown in the Slick build. Also could you show the opposite side with location of your RX and servo leads?
Thanks
Bmanfly.... yes, you are correct there is a Velcro strip along the right side of the plane just above the ESC. I plan on try a couple different motor and battery combos with the model for comparison sake and did not want to lock my self into a specific location (and size) for the battery at this time. I may, when finding the combination that I like best, cut a slot for the battery. Shown location for the battery with this build put the CG within the mfg's specified range.

Rx and servo leads... 12" extensions are shown in my build, which very much limited the placement of my Rx, for more flexibility, longer extension would be nice. Twisted Hobbys' has some 16 inch extensions that would work nicely. Make sure you bury the Rx in the fuse if mounting in an area around the ailerons.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Last edited by cdee; Aug 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM.