Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by Sculptor
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogg1 View Post
So, do you now fly with that CG or what. My SS porpoises real bad but i have been reluctant to fly much farther ahead than 60mm. Have been moving a little at a time but too few days to fly to get it worked out. Any help from anyone is appreciated.
Dog
Do this, go somewhere that has grass, weeds, 12" min. because your going to thro your plane into the air and your going to watch what it does and adjust. Straight into the wind, if theres wind, you will learn even more. Dead stick, no power. Go get it, when you've got it right it will glide well past what you might have expected.

When do I get to fly the plane. Just got my Bix2 ready to fly (CG is 7/16" back of spec, etc,) I'm as ready as I'm going to get.

Tomorrow only gliders can fly until 12:00. I'm going to take my Bix2 to the glider guys, i have a friend (highly respected) that might help me get this into the air. I'm not signed off on, my 'ticket is not punched' I can't fly on the tarmac because I haven't satisfied all doubts that I can fly this thing without hurting someone. I wouldn't have it any other way.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor