View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:22 AM
Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Joined Jan 2012
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
You will have more of this problem (stripped 'B' gear) as you fly it longer....from crashes.....birds....leaf....ah whatever that could stop the main or tail blade spinning..GET BOB's SLIPPER CLUTCH before he hides away in the jungle....n it will save you heaps in the long run mate..... =)
Alternatively, you can get BenMLee's slipper clutch. I bought it and am very impressed with its build quality. That being said, it's still in the box - I've been slipper clutch-free ever since I got my first D02S five months ago. I've only had to replace the tail gears or "A" gear three times. Learning how and when to apply throttle hold is very key with this heli. Last night throttle hold is what saved the gears when I got her upside down and applied too little negative pitch, shooting her straight into the grass upside down. I couldn't believe the servos survived too. Throttle hold was applied maybe 10-15 feet above the ground.

Though my luck will likely change when I get that Turbo Ace 815. I doubt throttle hold will allow the blades to slow down enough - I'll be installing the slipper clutch then.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem