View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:08 AM
Find More Posts by MCarlton
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
I do like the idea of skinning the wings externally to get a good finish, but that sort of leads me down the path of finishing, painting (if needed) and so on, and simplicity is my key here, as much as is possible, plus working within the limitations of my own skills.

There's a temptation to get more and more intricate with these things, and that might be all very well and good, and maybe if I do a more sophisticated design at some point, the time will come where those techniques might come to the fore.

Bog standard film covered veneered wings, with a bit of glass under the veneer, will most likely be enough, and, knowing myself, I am more likely to get that to completion than a more complicated project which will most likely languish on paper.

I'm considering making my life more simple by going away from the multiple taper here, I think I am making things overly complicated (ie multiple panels to be joined etc) and just going with a straight taper as below. Probably lighter (less joints) a lot easier and quicker, and possibly, in this application, just as effective. Unsure which I prefer, tapered LE or tapered TE.

MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton
Last edited by MCarlton; Aug 17, 2012 at 04:26 AM.