View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by Bravo47
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
This aircraft really needs a regular pre-flight inspection like a helicopter or it will burn you. I thought mine was ready to go for this weekend when I noticed one of the AILE horns had come partially unstuck. I re-glued all the horns. Then this morning I was reading about V-Tail differential RUD/ELEV mixing when I noticed a split in my ELEV hinge. Now repaired and taped. Now I cant help staring at my thrust tube wondering whether the whether the extra top end speed is worth the risk of having reduced bottom end thrust for take off after my failed launch during the week. I'm starting to think Hobbyking really did hit the mark with the power plant they went with, in that it doesnt offer any more speed than the wing can handle, whilst still maintaining enough thrust for launch.

I use the rudder very rarely, partly because of the way it wags, but after reading this article I'll like seen if i could programe the RUD>ELEV mix so it would carve into rudder turns like the article report V-Tails can.

Link- http://www.southernsoaringclub.org.z...-Trimming.html
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47