View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by finguz
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
maybe there is a balance because the 130 x is harder to fly but is small so it can be beaten up a lot more than the 450 but this one is easier to fly?
Looking at the two helis, the 130x isn't much cheaper than the 450. The 130x is flybarless, which is a more expensive option which is why it's priced just under the 450. Flybarless is kind of a luxury in my opinion. I personally would buy the 450, but that's just me. I don't mind and actually like mechanical flybars vs flybarless (electronic stability). Plus, the 450 is bigger, so you'll be able to keep track of it more while flying.

While the 130x has less parts, I feel the same amount of damage will be done to both helis in your average crash. As long as you kill power really fast, in most crashes the only thing you'll have to replace on both are blades, main shaft, maybe feathering shaft, and the actual flybar on the 450 (usually pretty cheap).

Here's a flybar vs. flybarless (FBL) discussion you might want to take a look at, good points from different sides. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703012
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Aug 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM.