Originally Posted by jcstalls
Yes Larry, yet, I would say more like Who's Woody rules?
SC2 has their own and about 4 years past did not allow fiberglass fuse's.
Visalia rules adds it must be a RES for woodie, reqardless there are full house and mulitfunction Woodies
AMA NOS rules, which most are Woddies anyway.
It can be frustrating for someone who would like to build and fly Woodies in an are like SoCal where the rules do change from one contest to another and by year to year.
I Iike Ray's as it maintains the Spirit of Woodies.
"(Woody Rules by Ray Hayes):
1. Wing and Stab are built up from wood
2. No restriction on spar construction or materials
3. No Molded D-Tube leading edge construction
4. Fuselage can be wood, glassed wood or molded Fiberglass including the fin
5. Carbon reinforcement can be used on any part of the structure. "
Oh, that's a mighty nice Woody Oculus wing you have there. Lot's of love.
Along with Ray's list, I classify my vintage 3m Viking as not only a Woodie but qualifies as a Nostalgia even though it has a glass fuse.
Long live the Woodie!