View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by chopper62
Joined Apr 2008
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
sooo.....how are you liking this plane overall then chopper? happy with it?

ok, just did some more measurements and noticed something else. when I posted that picture earlier today showing that the elevator stab was not lined up with the wing, I assumed that the stab was not level, when in fact, when I just measured the stab is level to the ground and in fact the wing is not. I measured right up against the fuse at the back of the wing and where the right wing comes out of the fuse, it is higher by around 1/16 of an inch to an 1/8 of an inch then where the left wing comes out. that is why when I look from the back down to the wing, they are not level with each other. I believe the hole cut for the wing is not level with the fuse.
Due to the EPP skin, true measurements required the EPP to be peeled back. According to the measurements of the crashed plane I've got, the trailing edge of the wing-cut-outs are both the same distance to the back of the plane. This is telling me when the pieces were cut, they were laser cut in stack and not one by one.

Furthermore, there are slots in the upper frame to fit and to line up the two pieces of the side frame where the wings slide into.

Am getting use to this plane and after destroying 4 planes in less than a month, I'm flying this one a bit higher than I'm used to. Just got tired of fixing and assembling new planes after work and ignoring the significant other. It gets expensive when I don't pay attention to her.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Last edited by chopper62; Aug 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM.