View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by carlcorn
Joined Apr 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno View Post
I think you're going to need a new ESC for that motor and fan, the stock exceed ESC is only 50amps I think. I'm in the same boat, going to try a 2800kv motor with the CS fan. The stock motor and fan pulls around 41 amps as is, with a CS10 load at around the same KV I suspect it might surpass 60amps on high timing.

The only way to know for sure I guess is the ole' bench test with a watt meter, but I imagine CS10 and 2800kv on 4S will cook the exceed ESC.
I'm going to try a Turnigy plush 60amp ESC, if it's over taxed I`ll grab a 80 amp one eventially. For a few bucks they come with a programming card that is super easy to change the settings without fiddling with transmitter, from ESC timing to what kind of song the airplane starts up with when you plug in the battery lol
Thanks to those that responded. I have a Turnigy 80 amp ESC still in the wrapper waiting for another plane. I'll give that a try and see what happens. Maybe someone in my club has a programming card I can use to check and set the timing on this ESC. That way I won't have to wait for an order from HK.

Also. On the subject of testing. I tested the stock fan against the CS10 with Turnigy 2800kv motor by setting the plane on the bench with the noise pointing at a small scale against the waill. This seemed to produce some reasonable numbers for comparing the two. I expected a small to moderate increase with the new setup but the difference was very small. I don't think the limiting factor was the battery so I'm thinking ESC or ESC timing. Since the ESC did not heat up noticably I'm leaning toward timing.
carlcorn is offline Find More Posts by carlcorn