Find More Posts by BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
But it doesn't work like that if you're carrying extra weight. "just don't floor it" means you dump it into the ground. When it's lighter, you can fly it slower... less lift required, so, slower air over the wing.

I'm not asking anyone to search back though the posts. If anyone knew, at the time I posted it, I figure they would have answered it at the time. It was regarding what do people mean when they say the P-51 motor is more powerful? If it means it produces more power at the same current draw compared to the stock motor, that helps me. If it means it just sucks more current to get that extra power, using up battery faster, that's not really what I'm after... I can get the same effect by just throttling the stock motor higher... also using up battery quicker.
Ok I guess I misunderstood what you were getting at. My contention was that there is no draw back to put a more powerful motor in the Champ if the motor is the same size and weight as the stock motor. It wont use more current than the stock motor if you don't use the extra power it is capable of. But the power is there if you ever need it. I think the P51 motor is the same size and weight as the Champ motor but has a hotter winding in order to produce more power.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR