View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
What could case very short flight times on a mini cp?

Im getting ~2m idle up/hovering @ 70-50-70 throttle curve with the stock batterys. And 3 minutes with the Turnigy 300 mAh ones.

Problem kindof found, i now have 5 minutes idle up on the turnigy's. i was only daining the batterys to 3.95v before according to my voltmeter, so i compensated for the sensor measurments and I'm now draining them to 3.75.

Still not near the 6-7 minutes sports flights thats been reported in this thread.
Usually when i get lack of power and landing at high battery voltage, the pinion tension is not right. Unscrew the inward motor mount screw a little and pry the motor away just a smidge to get a better mesh. There should be some play between gear and the pinion and the head should rotate free. I think i got my telemetry at something like 3.74 to get 3.81 after around 4 minutes of sport flying on 300mah nanos. And that is with 75 midstick to 100 at H throttle curve. Pitch in normal is 0-20-60; BTW, 50 at mid stick is too low, the more you bog the motor, the more amp it draws. Spin it up a notch.
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda