Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by chktm
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
3,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Thanks for the response .
Have already tried exactly that but it appeared to be binding somewhere and looked has if there wasn't sufficent pull from the servo to get the right tension on the brake lever .The little plastic arm just before the servo was flexing a bit as well and the brake arm sometimes did not return sufficentlyso the pads continued to rub .
Tried using a couple of springs from a 'click pen' as a servo saver but seemed to be going the wrong way
Tried rerouting the antenna tube inside the fork leg to give a smoother curve but again there appeared to be extra friction somewhere as it did not seem to be tensioning the lever sufficently .
I could well be looking for something that perhaps is over the top but when you fully apply the brake is the wheel fairly firm or still relativly easy to turn .Not looking to do stoppies .
Dont want to sound like a proper knuckle head but what EPA setting did you arrive at .
I found that going to the max of 120 % there was virtually no travel on the servo arm but drop it down to say 50 % there was noticably more travel .
I used to dabble in helicopters so in theory should know what I am looking for but perhaps am complicating a simple solution
To be honest the bike was in a terrible state when I took it over so have no idea as to how much' tampering' took place previously and am still waiting for some parts for the gyro to arrive so it is sitting in the 'to attend to pile' at the moment .
By fishing line I presume you mean stainless steel trace wire which I never thought of and will perhaps give that a try as the original outer is still intact .
One last question is it correct that if you move the AUX switch from AUX to Off the servo appears to move through a full 180 deg to another stop point .
Thanks also for the link to the shock oil thread
Cheers jim
Hey jim hope you found something to do the job. You won't get stoppies with the standard set up, but it will be quite effective. To the point where if you set up your top end point to 120 and low to 0 to 25 and adjust your brake mix percentage to suit how much or little you want. On dirt can lock the front wheel. Not ideal though, I usually run about 50 70 percent mix again depending on feel and add more as the pads wear or adj end point or cable. I think I know what you are talking about with the switch affecting the servo stop point. I set mine to on and do the above. To get the most travel I set the high at 120 and the low at 0 I think. Play and you'll see. no worries with the link.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm