View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:07 AM
Find More Posts by MrEx
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2009
36 Posts
Web Site Relaunch

Hi everyone!

I started designing PDF foamies about 2 years ago. I decided to put together a web site with my plans. Well it kinda snow balled and I ended up building a web site for beginners. I know there are many places on the internet to get this info, but I wanted some where to send the people who see me at the fields and ask how to get started in the hobby. I also wanted to put my little spin on it.

I have an e-book and 5 plane designs for free download. I still have to shoot build videos for the plans and update some of the older videos, but I'm pretty happy with the start I have. I actually launched the site over a year ago, but I wasn't really happy with it. I was trying to make it a membership site, to help recoup the money I put into everything, but I wasn't really happy with that approach. I wanted a place where people could go and feel comfortable and have fun asking questions and learning.

So it's a labor of love. I can't put a price on the satisfaction of building something that hopefully will turn into a fun learning experience for everyone.

I don't claim to be an expert at any of this, but I know enough to design, build and fly some really fun planes.

Please check out my site www.metalaviation.com and let me know what you think. Download the e-book and plans and pick them apart. I have thick skin, and want the information on my site to be understandable and accurate.

For those that read this whole post, thanks for taking the time.

-John
MrEx is offline Find More Posts by MrEx