View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by TheCure
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
573 Posts
i ordered one from the US, and I live in canada.
i got soaked for $130 including shipping, duty, taxes, and the [should be illegal] brokerage fees UPS charges. and that was only for the $250 airframe!
i'll never do that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
rogerio, I talked to Cliff at Atlanta Hobby today and he tells me that they have not sold the version 1 for quite some time. All the ones they have been selling of late, have been version 2 with the 65 amp ESCs. They must not have updated their webpage information. He also said they currently have no stock and he would have to check his Vegas warehouse. He said they generally ship UPS, which is a no go for me but he will find out what USPS will charge and get back me. He was afraid that USPS would charge so much for a large box that the shipping costs would be too high. He had no idea just how much UPS charges for brokerage fees on my end, along with the resultant duty and tax. The postal service has a $5.00 fee and most times, they don't even broker it and it comes to my door duty and tax free. When I told him that an F/A-18 sent to me from Australia saved me over $100.00 as opposed to buying the same plane from Hobby Lobby, he was stunned. I think most Canadians who know better have joined the UPS boycott.
The price has not changed for the current version as far as he knows. Won't know for sure until his next shipment comes in.
TheCure is online now Find More Posts by TheCure