View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,903 Posts
Maidened done and successful. Painted mine yellow with black trim, sorry no px's at this time, so she came out a little heavy, right around 10 oz's. Also added 1 extra carbon stiffener to the tail plus made them all a little longer. At this weight I put a Hyperion 2205-38, 31 grams, on the nose to compensate for the weight. Batteries are Gensace 3s 450's which I cg'ed about a 1/2 inch in front of the aileron servo bay. Used a HS 55 with extra long servo arms for the ailerons, 5 gram servos for the tail section with extra long carbon arms for the elevator, for extra throw. Using a 12 amp esc. I mistakenly threw a 9x4 prop on this morning and did'nt realize it until I was done flying. Flew 4 packs pretty much back to back and nothing blew so I might just keep it on there. I usually fly early mornings to beat the wind so temps were around 60-65 degrees. Really like the way it flies. KE pulls just a little towards the nose, easily flown out, hovers are easy, once again it seems a little top heavy, might try putting the battery under the fuselage instead of on top. I can even get a decent KE spin out of it. One thing I would like to see is a detailed manual of the airfoiled design. The instructions on the site show a flat foamie instruction design. One thing I may have to do is cut away the nose section of the fuselage and center it to the airfoiled wing. Right now it is about 1-2 mm's towards the bottom of the wing which gives the front section of the fuselage/nose section a very slight concave appearance, which may or may not affect anything but if you look closely its there. Flight times are kind of short for now, around 4-5 minutes, haven't looked at the amount of battery usage I used yet. I usually fly low and slow so batts are barely warm when I land so I'm not really concerned. I'll come back and put that in. Hope this helps but am pleased.
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa